Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Is it too expensive to avoid tracking?



Is it too expensive to avoid being tracked through the internet and by other companies?
     I agree with the article written by Tim Keanini. It this article he talks about how easy it is to track people who are mostly unsuspecting unless they have been exposed to this type of information. Most people do not realize that anything we fill out or use today to save money while making purchases is used against us. All rewards cards have a certain incentives for all of us to enroll in the program to receive discounts among other things. I had never thought about this until I read this article about tracking and monitoring people and their purchases.

     I do have a few rewards cards for businesses that I use fairly frequently but I never thought of the information that I am exposing to different companies. There are certain things that I will decide if they are necessary after reviewing this article. There are many things that I have bought in the past that could have been avoided. I prefer my life to be a private affair and not use for information and exploit by companies. There are times that I do enjoy buying different things but it is a little scary to think that I am so easy to track in my everyday life. After reading this article I do not think that there would be anyway for me to be completely hidden for the information age. It makes me wonder what all of the spies for different countries use to hide from the information age.

1 comment:

  1. Upvote for blogging on TK's article!

    I've never thought much about the loyalty cards. I usually just refuse to get them because I don't want to be inundated with email spam. In retrospect, I should take advantage at some places. The amount of money I spend on electronics probably could have won me a free computer by now.

    [ams]

    ReplyDelete